The AIDS Care Group is a non-profit organization that provides medical care, dental care, and social services to uninsured and underinsured minority residents of Chester, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The AIDS Care Group is the largest and most comprehensive fully dedicated HIV/AIDS service provider for the city and its many small surrounding communities.
Services and Statistics
The AIDS Care Group employs 49 staff members addressing the health and social service needs of Chester and vicinity residents.
- 1,200 meals are served monthly.
- 35 women participate in a women’s health group.
- The medical staff sees 200 patients per month.
- The dental staff sees 85 patients per month.
- A psychiatrist consults with 40 patients each month.
- Clients are screened for infectious diseases, dermatology diseases, and mental health diseases.
- The agency’s food pantry supplies 30 food baskets to the needy each week.
- Welfare to work program is supported by teaching vocational skills in construction and gardening.
- The AIDS Care Group has hired four former volunteers to become full and part-time staff members.
- Art classes are provided as a healing process, helping clients feel a sense of dignity in their lives.
- The housing division of our agency dedicated to providing clean, safe, and affordable housing to clients, their families, and members of the surrounding community.
- The agency is linked with five county jails to provide discharge planning and reintegration services to prisoners living with HIV disease.